Greetings Players of Countryside Roleplay,

Here we are again. Making an announcement I knew I would have to make one day, but I did not think it would come so soon. Countryside Roleplay, as I have mentioned countless times, is a place that I have truly enjoyed for the entirety of its existence. And while there were a lot of hiccups and speed bumps along the way, in general I seemed to enjoy myself and find myself having fun waking up and coming into the place we called our server.

That was all fine and dandy until the time came for me to realize that having a server and being a Community Manager simply wasnít exciting for me before. Players are undoubtedly aware of my recent amount of absences and time off from the server, which have been partially for personal reasons but also in an effort to attempt to take a break and come back with a renewed spark.

The last time I wrote one of these, I was truly burnt out with the server and in general I was burnt out on San Andreas Multiplayer. Then I was convinced by several players to stick around awhile and give it another chance. I did, and tried some new things to try and make it more exciting. Unfortunately, it did not help.

There are several reasons for my decrease in excitement. It is no secret that server morale is low and the dedicated players that we have had for a long time are beginning to lose motivation in the server. Through careful attention to statistics and metrics we have noticed a downward spiral. The server that used to be able to maintain 20 players have gone down to the point where itís hard to even get a few players in game on some nights.

For me, though, I find myself struggling with managing my personal life and the life that I have created on San Andreas Multiplayer. I am at the point where managing this community doesnít feel fun and like a hobby, but it feels like a full-time job. Itís contributed to problems in my personal life with family and other people close to me, and has also offered an unwanted distraction from the success I am capable of in my profession.

It is for these reasons outlined and many others that I have decided to make the ultimate decision to close Countryside Roleplay, once and for all. This is a hard decision to make because I know all of the efforts that our players and staff have made to contribute to the server, but I know in my heart that I can no longer string the players along while knowing, in the back of my mind, that I am not happy. Because it has caused me to give this server less than my best and thatís not something the server deserves.

I want to thank everyone for their support, time, and dedication. I want to thank players for giving Countryside Roleplay a chance to be your new home and I wish everyone the best of luck in their future gaming and personal endeavors.

The web services of Countryside Roleplay will be available until July 29, 2019 while the game services will be available until the end of June. Discord may stick around a while longer, but it will not be used as an advertisement hub.

Sincerely,